Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wedding Bell Blues - Cary Lane Men's Online Store Launch Party


I recently got an invitation for a wedding for probably what I considered one of the most important individual once in my life. Most of my friends argue that I shouldn't go because of the said past but I think I have to be there for her on probably the happiest day of her life. So the planning for the outfit begins. Well I already had the general idea to what I want to wear. something light and airy, more prep than edgy, classically dandy and definitely blue. A summer wedding is always interesting since you're not entirely sure how hot or temperate the Bay Area weather would be. But crossing fingers hopefully it would be just pleasant.
It's always safe to start with my signature piece. My bowtie. A perfect place to get it? Cary Lane! It just happens that Friday night, I was attending the launch party of Cary's men's line online store. Unplanned, Me and my friend showed up fashionably late but its just I underestimated how hard it was to find parking in Hayes Valley. The party was quite a success, not only was there a good turn out, my dying notion that San Francisco as a fashionable city got rejuvenated. I'm not just talking about hipster fashion but individuality and style is way more important to me more than anything else . . . most of the time. The shirts that Cary (designer and boutique owner) were european cut which I love and with one reminiscent to a Prada shirt that I love. And from the numerous bowties at the store, I found the one that would complement the jacket I had in mind that I would be wearing for the wedding. I was all set, so I was happy as a clam. The alcohol that night was pouring from the open bar which was located adjacent to the store to this subterranean space that reminds me of an underground party in Germany. Lighted only by candles and "holiday" lights and housed the amazing DJ Corey Sleazemore kept the party bumping. Come the raffle, I won two sets of free drinks from two different bars. I was actually hoping that I would win the bowtie. To me, you could never have enough bowties and same goes with shoes. But hey, free drinks works as well. Overall I had a good time. Music, drinks, and fashion on a friday night. 
If you find yourself in SF and would like to visit the Cary Lane boutique, you can find it at 560 Laguna Street at Hayes Valley in San Francisco and You can also sign up for their email list following this Link or check out the Men's line store here
Things are getting busy especially since Milan fashion week started. But as always Its tedious but quite amazing at the same time. I'll be putting up the reviews very soon. Quite a busy week I have coming . . .

Note: again, excuse my photography skills or lack there of. 

The Entrance to the Store




Cary and a pretty lady looking my way :)

Raffle drawing time!

Exposed brick and wood scaffolding, very European!

My Prizes!!!

The coveted Cary LaScala Bowtie!


No comments: