Tuesday, November 2, 2010

High Fashion meets High Street, Again - First Look at Lanvin for H&M

When I heard for the first time that Lanvin's Alber Elbaz was coming to do a collection for H&M I was ecstatic. Then I got worried. If you live in the US and enjoy quality clothes (at least) you would know what I'm talking about. I love H&M but most of the time it would be my last resort for some pieces that are trendy right now. Why? Because of the quality. I've said it before and here I go once again. H&M's quality in the US is not that great. They look good but again you get what you paid for. I have a few pieces that were from H&M that came from Europe and they are not the same in terms of quality. But I just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best. As you will see from the first pictures that was released it is looking mighty fine, very Lanvin. The collection featured 40 pieces that includes overcoats, suits, shirts and of course the accessories (the bow tie? love). The staged fashion show was aired today at 12 am pacific US time. The full collection will be available on November 4th at h&m.com and the clothes will be on November 20th in select stores and yes I can't wait.








No comments: