Monday, March 21, 2011

Runway Monday: Fraternity - Marlon Gobel Fall/Winter 2011/12 Review


Since the next major men's show is roughly four months away, I decided to highlight some of my favorite shows from the recent men's fashion week(s) round up. As part of a weekly blogging schedule . . . until further notice or otherwise.

Well I should start with my newly found "love" for Marlon Gobel. The show was entitled The Secret Order and was, I think, one of the best men's show in NYC fashion week. Okay, okay one might say that the collection was relevant because of the Louboutin shoes which was amazing by its own. But the collection was really quite something, whimsical at times but very wearable. I love the suit jackets that seemed to be painted canvas. I was never really a big fan of thick knitted sweaters but as a collection it looked really nice. The color story was vibrant and very on point. The presentation of the collection is not bad at all. The video I included has some backstage footage, then to the show. Happy Monday everybody.

No comments: