Sunday, August 29, 2010

Staycation

Due to unexpected chain of events, I ended up not going to my actual vacation this past weekend instead I took the time to cross the bridge and spend it with my loved ones. I think that's the beauty of living far enough from them that I could actually enjoy my own life but yet I know they are just a drive away when I want to see them. Honestly, I'm a little bummed out that I didn't get to go with Le boyfriend to Pittsburgh nor to spend the weekend in Paris with my good buddy, Xavier. In the end, I had a very relaxing stay with the family and exploring the hidden little gems of suburbia. 
The creek that leads to the bay
 On Thursday night, My sister and I went and took her dog, Bug for a walk to what they called the Glass Beach. I've never heard of the place. Why's that? I have no idea. I've been living here in the bay area for more than a decade and I had no idea such place existed. I tried to look up the history or what's the story of the place later on and did not find anything which was unusual. Regardless, when we got to the end of the long walk to the edge of the bay, it blew my mind. I thought It was one of the most picturesque places I've been at and there are more than a handful of them within 20 minutes from the city. Especially that night when the clouds were coming in but the sun was still out. I just wished that I wore something nicer and could have had an impromptu photo shoot. ha ha.

No comments: