Thursday, February 9, 2012

Things That I Want: Pinned To The Wall

Dsquared2
Going through my Facebook feed wall and checking my email and seeing the confirmations of my decline to shows makes me sad. I'm still in San Francisco and New York fashion week is well on its way. Oh well, I just have to deal with it. On a good note, the weather has been nothing short of spectacular. Also a Mcqueen purchase also arrived in the mail yesterday. Google Adam Lambert and you might see which one I got. I also found a very entertaining video by GQ team preparing for New York fashion week. In reality, that's how I packed for NYFW Spring/Summer 2012 and my hotel room became a giant closet last September. I attached the GQ video at the end of this post.

The idea of safety pins as details on a garment is by no means revolutionary. I have seen it before from tame to the most avant garde looks. Honestly, the reason I'm considering this week's Things That I Want is I would like to have a jacket/blazer paired with the Versace shorts I got last year. I'm still on the border wether to get a studded blazer or this safety pin jacket both from Dsquared's Spring/Summer 2012 line.  The Frankie Morello spiked jacket that is part of the Fall/Winter collection is also in consideration. I like it because it just gives the look an extra edge without overdoing it. Which I think is the key to a great outfit.

The bad thing about owning statement pieces, either go simple or bring it to the next level. There is no middle ground. So buckle up or get lost in your clothes. The jacket retails for $1445.




























And the video as promised.

No comments: