Friday, February 24, 2012

Black & Gold Part 2 - Love + Rock & Roll: The Outfit

Yesterday after work, I went to my hat store extraordinaire, Goorin Bros in the Haight district to buy a wide brim fedora but they didn't have my size. I was devastated and panicked a bit. What does a fashionisto do at a fashion crisis like this? Go vintage. The Haight was perfect for that. What do you know, I found, eventhough not as dramatic ala outback/amish looking, a hat that had character which I loved. Another good thing about the purchase? It cost a fraction of my budget for the Goorin hat.

This weekend will be events after another for me, starting tonight at a Gallery party and of course, an Oscar party this Sunday. 

But tomorrow, I will be attending another local fashion event called Love + Rock & Roll. The designer line up includes West Coast Leather, Rogue, Alyssa Nicole, Bradley Douglas Jordan, Cirque Noir, Eimaj Design and Zubauen. More than anything I'm just excited about the venue since it would be at the American Industrial Center in the Dog Patch. I rarely if not ever go to that part of town but recently great restaurants and art galleries and studios had been popping over there. Not to mention, the old warehouses turning to chic lofts are located there. 

I also included a link at the end of this post to where to get tickets and get additional info for the event. Check it out! I'm a host eventhough they got my last name wrong. 

The inspiration for my outfit comes from Kris Van Assche's  Dior Homme Spring/Summer 2012 collection and Robert Geller's. Since the weather has been amazing, I don't have to worry about wearing a coat. I also chose a darker hue because what's rock and roll without black and gold? 

Happy Friday, my fashionistos and fashionistas!

The inspiration looks:

Dior Homme
Robert Geller




















My Outfit:
  • Vintage wide brim fedora
  • Givenchy legging trousers
  • Dark Brown Blazer
  • Vivienne Westwood high collar shirt
  • Versace for H&M shorts
  • Energie gold skull chain necklace
  • Romain Kremer for Camper oxford shoes
  • Alexander McQueen knuckle duster ring 

No comments: