Friday, February 10, 2012

On The Edge - Ramiro del Rio by Charly V Real

Finally, the last day of my work week and I'm off to Las Vegas for the trade shows and then New York for the last stretch of fashion week! Eventhough that this trip wouldn't be as glamorous and hopping from show to show it would be a good trip. At least I'll get to see New York and I'm talking about the person and not the city . . . which the city would be a welcoming site as well but I'm more excited what will this trip will entail moving around on New York's stomping grounds. I'm crossing my fingers and hopefully no more surprises from my sister's baby shower tomorrow to my upcoming trip.

I hope everybody will have a good Friday at work.

The editorial today features avante garde looks that is styled by Ari Mendes for Reflex Magazine. The blue haired Ramiro del Rio is photographed by Charly V Real featuring edgy looks from Pablo Bernard, Grupo 134 and Cuatro Musas. Sure, some looks are completely unwearable but the drama of the shoot is enough for me to fall in love with them. Sometimes I love dreamy editorials because I like how the stylist and the photographer work together creating a scene for the intended readers. For everything to work copacetic both should understand their target demographic. I mean I have yet to see avante garde editorial in GQ magazine. I'm pretty sure you get my drift.













No comments: