Thursday, February 2, 2012

Things That I Want: Marlon Gobel Is 'Prints' Charming

Marlon Gobel
People always ask me if I always buy brand names. Usually, I would go do my rounds and if I see something I like I buy it. I don't have any qualms in terms of names. If it is good quality and I want it, why not. But at the same time, I'm loyal to a number of designers that just exemplifies what I feel like my aesthetic. What dapper means to me.  

One of those designers is Marlon Gobel. Season after season, he never fails to wow me. I just love his play with colors and textures. So it totally saddens me, if you read my post yesterday, that I have to turn down my invitation to my favorite designer's show and he is also debuting his collection for the first time at Lincoln Center. I REALLY wish I can attend the show. Especially his collection will be featuring Swarovski elements. I guess I will enjoy the show in my hotel room in Viva Las Vegas.

Okay, enough moping.

This week's "things that I want" post calls for some prints.  Not only bright colors come into trend every spring but prints as well. We have seen some great prints from big hitters like  Givenchy, Versace, and Burberry Prorsum's Spring/Summer 2012 runway collections to name a few. But to no secret I do have my favorite, the Marlon Gobel HD print dress shirts. It is so unexpected that I love it, especially the Asparagus motif one.  I know it comes in different vibrant colors and produce but for some reason, I gravitate to the Asparagus. Then again, it is also no secret that I have a strange affinity with the color green and probably Asparagus as well.




No comments: